“You are guerilla marketing. This is a guerilla promotion. You will be using guerilla tactics on this promotion. Do you understand what guerilla marketing is?”
Just a few phrases that you should communicate during the hiring and training process for guerilla Brand Ambassadors. Here are some other tips so Brand Ambassadors don’t go all APE S*** on you!
Guerilla MarketingRecruiting and Training Communication:
- If running an ad be specific and mention that it is a guerilla promotion
- Define guerilla marketing within the ad
- When interviewing make sure you reiterate that the promotion will utilize guerilla marketingtactics
- Ask the potential Brand Ambassador if they are comfortable with this style of promotion
- Send out a scope of work (in writing) with any other promotion information that is communicated to the hired Brand Ambassador
- Provide multiple locations in which to activate the event in case they are asked to leave or one of the locations does not have good traffic
- Make sure they check in with the Project Manager if there is a change of locations
- While training, cover the do’s and don’ts of guerilla marketing
Everyone wins when a promotion is a success. These tips will help make your next guerilla marketing campaign a smooth one for your Brand Ambassadors.