4 Effective Ways to Train Street Teams, Even if it is a One-Day Event
After hiring the perfect Brand Ambassadors for your Street Teams they should be properly trained. One question we get asked all the time, “Should you train Ambassadors even for a one-day event?” and to that we say “ABSOLUTELY!” One day, one week, one month… all programs require training. Of course we could write a book on training for mobile tours, but it is a little different training people all over the nation for a short-term promotion. The goal of each training session is to set the Brand Ambassadors up for success with a comprehensive training program that is custom designed to meet the needs of each program. Here are some of the topics we cover in our training programs:
- Program training - Guest experience, pre and post-event logistics, onsite activation, and if needed ServSafe certification for handling food products
- Brand Training – Messaging, points of differentiation, guest interaction, history, etc.
- Pro Motion Training - Policies, procedures, reporting, Pro Motion philosophy, history and expectations
There are many different ways to train Brand Ambassadors
for street team
programs. Here are a few effective options:
- E-mail (with a follow-up phone call of course) – The training document should go out to each Brand Ambassador before the event and a follow-up phone call should be made to review the training materials, answer any questions and to ensure all expectations are met.
- Conference Call – This is a great option for shorter programs with larger teams and a few more components to the program. Use the training document and walk through the information with the team over the phone to ensure all understand the entire program and brand message.
- Webinar – This should be used when there is more detailed information to cover. This is also a good option for team formats to provide interaction opportunities amongst the Brand Ambassadors. It is also a great opportunity to bring a client/brand manager into the training process to share their insight and passion about the brand.
- Face-to-Face – We find face-to-face training to be invaluable. It can sometimes be challenging due to budget, timing and location constraints but is well worth it in the long run. If your street team program has several Brand Ambassadors in one (or a few) market(s) for multiple days, it is worth it to go to the market and have a face-to-face training to provide the ultimate training experience. For programs with several markets and multiple teams another option is to send a Market Manager from each region to a face-to-face training session and then he or she can go back and provide an in-market training session for the rest of the team.
As you can see there are a lot of ways to get your street teams properly trained. The golden rule is to make training a huge priority as you launch any program. Without the proper training your program will not be set up for success.
Good Luck and Happy Training!
Pro Motion is an award winning nationally recognized leader in the Experiential Marketing and Event Marketing industries. We bring brands to life via face-to-face sampling, mobile tours, street teams, field marketing, sponsorship activation, multicultural marketing, b-to-b events, government contracting, guerilla marketing, brand ambassadors and stunts.
Our programs empower companies and brands to build deep emotional connections that lead to lifelong relationships; giving them a dramatic advantage in attracting customers, increasing the lifetime value of a customer, while lowering the cost of customer acquisition and retention.
For more information follow Pro Motion on Facebook (facebook.com/promotioninc) or on Twitter. (@ProMotionInc).